Saturday, February 23, 2013

Will you be my Galentine?

I would just like to start out this post by saying I currently have a wonderful, super smart, and handsome boyfriend who took me out and gave me the sweetest gifts this Valentine's. I could go on and on for days but Meghan basically covered all the mushy-gushy romantic stuff in her post. So I won't smother you with any more, but did I mention he's a real "'Class A' Hottie?" Like, a 10? Sorry, that's it. (but seriously- a TEN) Instead, I'm going to talk about the celebration of another holiday that is just as great, Galentine's Day.

Galentine's Day is weirdly on the same day as, or celebrated close to, Valentine's Day. This holiday is great because you can choose whatever and whomever to celebrate with, where to eat, what movie to see. It's basically a date with yourself and some other single ladies. Pretty dope. This year I celebrated with my best friend, Morgan (also a 10), and my widowed grandma, Bonnie Buns. We all love food and eating out so we went to lunch. Also, Bonnie Buns has a not so secret crush on Josh Duhamel (BB+JD= Cougar Love) so we obviously had to go to see Safe Haven. Then we went to Target where Bonnie Buns spoiled Morgan with like, 500 clearanced cotton balls. So yeah, it was a great holiday.

The point of Galentine's Day is to celebrate ourselves and the women in our lives, especially the under-appreciated singles. Guys should appreciate it because it makes it possible to skip out on movies like Safe Haven, which, if you're wondering, wasn't even that sexy but did get real deep. Like, did I cry? No. Did I fight tears? Probably. Next year ladies, enjoy a great Galentine's with your ladies then get some booty from your boo. Too much?

In closing,


XOXO- Jenny


No comments:

Post a Comment